Listen and learn in the wake of the death of George FloydJune 2, 2020
Listen and learn in the wake of the death of George Floyd:
Daryl Crouch 5/27/2020
Billy Russell 5/28/2020 and 10/7/2019
D.A. Horton 5/29/2020 and 3/30/2017
Ed Stetzer 5/29/2020
Derwin Gray 6/1/2020
Jason Meyer 6/2/2020
Justin Giboney 6/2/2020, 4/21/2020, 4/7/2020, 8/13/2019, 6/27/2019, 4/4/2019, 1/16/2019…and 11/1/2017
Tyler Merritt 6/3/2020 (listen tomorrow at 6 a.m. central) in the meantime, watch this:
And earlier conversations on race and reconciliation with:
Dhati Lewis 7/19/2019
Van Jones 5/23/2019
Amy Julia Becker 4/22/2019
John Hambrick and Teesha Hadra 4/5/2019
Ryan Burge 4/3/2019
Cara Meredith 3/20/2019
Katherine Gerbner 3/12/2019
Jemar Tisby 2/5/2019 , 8/14/2017 and 2/10/2017
Will Ford and Matt Lockett 10/10/2018
Senate Chaplain Barry Black 2/23/2017
What then shall we do about these things?
- Listen and lament with those who grieve.
- Press in, stand up, and speak up for the implementation of genuinely impartial justice for all.
- Be a bridge to resources by befriending and walking with a person a color in all the ups and downs of life.
- Leverage whatever you power you have (hiring, booking, networking, etc.) to intentionally elevate people of color
- Live into and out of the Kingdom reality that we are One people, under God – but the liberty and justice we espouse is not equally experienced. Let us work to change that.
Over all these, put on love. For we live not only in the wake of life and death here and now, we live in the wake of the life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ. And that changes everything.