Here on The Reconnect, our mission is to bring God into every conversation with the ultimate goal of helping our neighbors reconnect in meaningful ways with Him. That brings God glory which is our greatest hope. While we will all fail from time to time due to our humanity, we want to encourage respectful civil Christ-honoring discussion. So, in the comment section, we want to model that. While we know that people will disagree, often passionately, we want to challenge ideas, not people. We want to help one another reframe the conversation, not drive people away from it. The goal is to encourage conversation not discourage people.
What does that look like? Here are some examples:
- Slay arguments– not people. If you disagree, please take apart the argument, but respect the person. This is not a place for attacking people. One of our core values is that each person is made in the image of God and He loves them very much. Regardless of how much you disagree, remember there is another person on the other side of the screen.
- That said, don’t hide behind the screen. Use your real name, thanks!
- Be polite and gracious. State your case WITHOUT YELLING.
- Stay on the topic of the post. We want to encourage and facilitate discussion. Diverging distracts.
- Don’t be a troll. If you are clearly posting things just to incite controversy or with no desire toward conversation, we ask you take it somewhere else. Passionate concern is welcome, venomous anger is not.
- No solicitations or spam- if you are a representative of a company or product, please don’t use the comment section to post about it.
- This should go without saying but we will say it anyway: perverse or foul language will be blocked.
You do not have a “right” to comment on the blog. We reserve the right to add to this policy whenever needed and to block users who violate this policy. If you feel you have been unfairly blocked, you are welcome to contact us on our Contact pag