June 4, 2019
Are you getting the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth from the news you’re consuming? As you listen to the news today I want you to ask yourself whether or not the purveyors of the news you are consuming are shedding light or picking pepper.
While its true that Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers, we are called to be salt. People can’t consume pepper as the main course and what the world needs now is not more pepper picking – all the bad news all the time – but salt. And you’re just the person to be salty!
In Matthew 5:13-16, Jesus says, “You are the salt of the earth. But if the salt loses its saltiness, how can it be made salty again? It is no longer good for anything, except to be thrown out and trampled underfoot. “You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.”
If you’re news feed is full of pepper its time to curate from different sources. And if you’re being purveyor of pepper, consider anew the calling of Christ to be salt.
Carmen talks with Tommy Binion from the DailySignal about:
- Dems in California “Move On” convention booing capitalism
- Ted Cruz and AOC committing to work together (on something Tommy finds unconstitutional)
- School choice!
- The U.S. economy’s 10 year expansion and what might go wrong to derail it
- Aggressive U.S. antitrust action against Google, Facebook, Amazon, and Apple
Carmen talks with Dr. Rosemary Stein about:
- Baby Saybie and the challenges faced by micro-preemies
- Kids who need transplants and
- a boy named Juan and what he can teach us about not judging a book by its cover!