Israel, Chicken, transanity, homelessness, flooding, protests in Pittsburgh, Moonies news, Barbara Streisand, and how to BE the curriculumMarch 25, 2019
- Missile fired from Hamas controlled Gaza strip hit a house in Tel Aviv, injuring 7. Israel responded by sending 1000 additional troops to the 58 mi. border. Demonstrators in Gaza are protesting both Israel and living conditions under Hamas. Pray for peace and a de-escalation.
- The U.S. announcement of recognition of Israel’s sovereignty over the Golan Heights has inflamed the Syrians.
- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces challenges from the right and the left in April 9 elections of the twenty-first Knesset.
- AIPAC is meeting this week in D.C.
Wonder where to find an ethically sourced chicken sandwich in New York? Well, by ethically sourced the writer does not mean chickens which are humanely raised but instead, eateries which support the sexual revolution.
But that’s New York, right? Nope. The City Council of the city of San Antonio blocked Chic Fil A from a new food court in the city’s airport.
Message to many of us: Eat Mor Chikin. Message to companies: don’t support any organization with sexuality guidelines which might be considered anti-everything.
Sexuality, trans-sanity, kids and the normalization of pedophila
- Attorney General of Michigan has settled a lawsuit directing all faith-based foster care and adoption agencies to open services to same-sex couples or risk termination of agreements through which the state places children.
- Vancouver City Council defunds rape crisis center for barring males who identify as female
- The confusion that is Sam Smith.
- Do you know what kind of advocates are talking to your kids in Kindergarten? These parents didn’t. Neither did these high school girls know that biological boys would be in their locker room.
- Barbara Streisand said what? Think affirmation of pedophila isn’t next on the sexual revolutionary normalization agenda? Think again. Barbara Streisand believes those who are accusing Michael Jackson of molesting them but added, “they were thrilled to be there,” “it didn’t kill them,” and “his sexual needs were his sexual needs.” That is blatant, open justification for childhood sexual assault based on the sexual needs of the predator, not the higher motivation for the protection of children. That is a degradation into sin once unthinkable. Not up to speed on Neverland and R. Kelly? Read this.
- Homelessness in the nation’s Capital
- Flooding in the heartland and how Native American communities are impacted
- Protests erupt after officer acquitted in Pittsburgh shooting of unarmed black teenager
Moonies news you need to know. Yes, its the Moonies. Yes, they’re still around. Yes, its a minority religion. But how we treat minority religions matters in a nation where there is no state religion and everyone is guaranteed the right to fully believe or not believe whatever they fancy. And, ICYMI, more and more of our neighbors identify as nones when it comes to religious affiliation.
If your life depended on quoting Matthew 10:34 off the top of your head, could you do it?
Would that prove I wasn’t a Christian?
No, but that’s the standard of judgement of proving you’re authentically Christian when making an appeal for asylum in Sweden.
(by the way, Matthew 10:34 reads: “Do not suppose that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I did not come to bring peace, but a sword.”)
Finally, BE the curriculum kids need, no matter how meager the resources. No books, no computers, no resources? No matter. If you’re a teacher, you teach. If there’s no curriculum beyond yourself, you teach what you know. This is my good news story of the day!
Oh, and Special Counsel Robert Mueller issued his report to the Attorney General. There’s some news out there about that.