Must Read Monday 2-18-2019 Good news rescue, affirming life, transgender confusion and sexual sin
A Day at the park….Man pulled from quicksand in Zion during harrowing two day rescue
This is a story with a happy ending but also a great real life example of how we can amble into situations from which we cannot free ourselves. Help – in this case LOTS of help – has to come from the outside. Imagine the struggle, the fear, literally the sinking feeling this man experienced and then use this to talk with others about how sin catches us mid-stride, sucks us down and ultimately leads to death. Use James 1:14-15 to go deeper.
Life related headlines (most of them are very disturbing so let’s lead off with a REALLY good one!)
In depth…Transgenderism. While the U.S. military, prisons, healthcare providers and schools seek to accommodate the gender dysphoric the first legally non-binary person reaffirms his nature as a man an
Read these these articles in conversation with one another:
- The first American to be legally recognized as “non-binary” has reclaimed his birth sex of male
- Martina Navratilova says transgender women who compete in sports are cheating
- Transgender hormones could pose heart dangers
- No one knows the long-term effects of pumping kids full of gender hormones but that’s not stopping some doctors from transitioning children
- Several airlines now allow passengers to identify as non-binary while flying
- Woman gives birth then claims she’s actually the father
- Transgender bathroom restriction may end but transgender teen still not satisfied
- Transgender nurse barred from using bathroom sues for discrimination
- 12 year old testifies in Colorado advocating ID legislation
- Conversion therapy banned even for those who seek help for unwanted sexual desires or gender dysphoria
And there’s a push in Congress to pass The Equality Act, expanding the 1964 Civil Rights Act to include LGBTQ+ concerns.
ICYMI last week, here’s the round up of #AbuseofFaith revelations and responses.