Must Read Monday: Pittsburgh Shooting, Halloween, Polyamory and More
Some moments, days and weeks the world feels especially heavy. This cultural moment, this day and this past week certainly feel that way. There can be no denying that the days in which we live are evil, but there is also no denying Christ the King, Redeemer and Lord in the midst of a world aching and longing for redemption. Now is not the time for Christians to recede from the conversations of the day. Quite the contrary – now is the time for us to strengthen our weak knees and lean into moral leadership at every level of culture.
Today, consider putting up a “Need to talk? I’m listening” hand-made tent card on your table at the coffee shop. See what God might do with your willingness to simply listen and tend to the grief others are finding too great bear.
- As we tend to the grief of our neighbors and nation, let us prayerfully consider the news of the day.
There was a Massacre in Mr. Roger’s Neighborhood.
hate Jesus too.
- All Hallow’s Eve is Wednesday. Better known culturally as Halloween. But October 31 is also Reformation Day. So, in preparation, here are two must reads: Six ways to engage your neighbors this Halloween and… What is Reformation All About?
- Polyamory. If you have to look it up, good. The bad news: there’s at least one pastor out there declaring it holy and beautiful.
- A Dark Consensus about Screens and Kids begins to emerge in Silicon Valley. “I am convinced the devil lives in our phones.”
- Related: The six most dangerous apps for teens from the ERLC
- If you’re a pastor or have a pastor, you need to read this. Clergy tax break for housing may be going away. Related: Legal battle rages over religious leader housing tax break