Notes from Carmen’s CLA Outcomes Conference talkMay 12, 2020
- you are a fellow Saint in Christ,
- you are passionately pursuing the advancement of His Kingdom purposes in the world,
- you’re literally on a mission,
- you’ve got a story to tell,
- you love to tell that story and
- you have a social media strategy in place to get the word out.
So, assuming all that. What do you when it all works? When suddenly the whole world comes calling? Not one interested skeptic under the cover of darkness but the bright lights of CNN or MSNBC. What do you do when your ministry gets viral attention and you’re facing your 15 minutes – or 15 seconds – of fame?
Stop, drop and pray then get ready for lights, camera, action!
- Be shiny!
- The example of the sunflower following the sun throughout the day
- Where are others led if they follow you?
- We actually live in a world where the camera is always on and as Christians, we should be living camera ready with no filters needed. What we need are some simple reminders about effective communication.
- Be prepared: have a short numbered or alliterated list that sets a hook in people’s minds
- ABC’s and 123’s really do work! If you can make them sing it in their head all the better.
- Tell them what you plan tell them, tell them and then tell them what you told you.
- Always leave them wanting more.
- Tell THE story, His story, the Gospel by using one irrefutably good thing accomplished by your organization. People will listen to stories when they will interrupt almost anything else.
- Learn to answer every question with a story.
- What’s your go to story? Whatever God has sent you out there to say, say it.
- Reframe everything to fit the message you’ve been sent to deliver.
Trust me, if you’re shining, people will listen. They may not like what they hear, but you’re not responsible for their reaction – you’re responsible to SHINE with the light and love and truth of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
If the audience can tell that you LOVE to tell the story, they will listen. God will captivate them until you’re done. And, count on this, people will follow you.
They will Google you, find you on social media, and ask for more. So, leave them wanting more! Again, tell them how to find out more by visiting you at ReconnectwithCarmen.com.
“Lights, Camera, Action!” is your formula for readiness as messengers of the Gospel of peace to this generation.