Reading the headlines through a Gospel worldview 3-23-2020March 23, 2020
Google created a comprehensive dashboard for one stop, accurate information https://www.google.com/covid19/
My conversation with educator Erin Paske, who has served as a private homeschool teacher and now instructs kids online to increase reading proficiency.
My conversation with Lacy Finn Borgo on having Spiritual Conversations with Children.
My conversation with pediatrician Dr. Scott James about talking with kids, dealing with risk of infection and going together on a quest for God’s Wisdom.
Resources for church leaders, special needs families and those in the medical profession:
My conversation with pastor Daryl Crouch about how churches are working together.
My conversation with Dr. Stephen Grecvich about the special needs of families with kids who have special needs.
My conversation with Dr. David Stevens from the Christian Medical and Dental Assn.
Coronavirus related conversations planned for this week:
- How are pastors coping and how are pastors help their people cope in this time of total disruption? Monday with pastor Jason Meyer
- Does the government have the Constitutional authority to close my church? I’ll ask Hillsdale professor, Adam Carrington on air Monday morning.
- What does it feel like to have – and recover from – the virus? Tuesday morning I’ll ask Drew Griffin who is on the mend.
- How do I use online resources to connect, communicate and creatively serve during this season? On Friday, I’ll ask LifeWay Social’s Chris Martin. Also Friday, I’m talking about coping and resilience with Melissa Mork and how to live into healthy spiritual rhythms via The Common Rule with Justin Early.
In the midst of all this, the world still turns and there are other things for us to be thinking about. You’ll note that many of these conversations tend to circle back to the coronavirus in some way. That’s interesting. What does that tell us about the possibility of every conversation ultimately returning to ONE topic? And what does THAT tell us about the possibility of every conversation returning to the ONE topic or issue of God? God is always the issue. Behind every other issue, there’s the issue of dealing with the God who is.
- You may have heard there’s going to be a bumper crop of babies in 9 months. Not if Planned Parenthood has their way.
- All non-essential and elective surgeries – and even dental cleanings – have been suspended until we get through this. But people demanding the mutilation of otherwise healthy human bodies are making the case that those surgeries for those with gender dystopia are, in fact, life-saving.
- Whose life is worth preserving and how will doctors make decisions about which patients are given access to medical equipment and treatment when there is not enough for everyone to get everything they need? The UK’s NHS has issued guidelines they offer to other nations looking to help doctors choose who to seek to save and who to allow to die.
- Locusts continue to swarm across East Africa; the Middle East and India are bracing for their arrival. 25 million people are now food insecure as locusts have decimated food crops across several countries.
Where in the Word are you today?
We’ve just completed an Ephesians 6 Lenten experience I’ve been calling ArmorUp! You can listen to and read that series of ReconnectOnes here. Starting today, we’re reading through the Gospel of John. Each weekday through the Monday after Easter, I’ll be posting a new ReconnectOne with the hope that we’ll all get to know Jesus better during this season.