State of the Union (in Christ)
Tonight, the President of the United States will deliver the annual address to Congress known as The State of the Union.
Whatever President Biden was planning, due to events in Ukraine, the plan has now changed. Life is like that. Life is dynamic. Things change.
What doesn’t change? God. God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. You can count on it.
So, what’s the state of our union, in Christ?
The theme of my state of the union address is: Jesus changes everything AND God is the same, yesterday, today and tomorrow.
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning! – Lamentations 3:22-23
The primary points of my SATU:
- Looking back at the Great Awakenings of the past…and how Jesus changes everything.
- Looking around at the need for a Great Awakening today…because the darkness is dark but LIGHT has come!
- Looking up to the promises of God…Colossians 3:1-2
- Looking in for the faith necessary to stand…Ephesians 6
- Looking around for partners in prayer and action…Philippians 1:27
- Looking ahead to the future filled with hope God has planned, anticipating miracles, knowing that with God all things are possible! …Job 42:2; Revelation 21-22
My SATU vision for the year ahead:
- We are the people of a Great Christ
- We are the people of Christ’s Great Love
- We are the people of Christ’s Great Commission
- We are the people of Christ’s Great Commandment
We are ONE in the Spirit, we are ONE in the Lord.
The State of our Union in Christ is unassailable.
Challenges come, nations rise and fall, but the Word of God – in the person of Christ – stands forever. Amen? Amen!